WomensCycling.net Team Series 8
Team Series 1 Team Series 2 Team Series 3 Team Series 4 Team Series 5 Team Series 6 Team Series 7 Team Series 8 Team Series Standings To Date
Apologies for the 'gremlins' on this page earlier in the week. The race results got mixed up with the write-up from Race 7. The report below is the correct one now.
Received from Team Series organiser Jon Miles :
"Apologies to Emma Dansie who was missed from the results of the Women's Team Race Series event on 31 August at Beckford. Emma was in 15th place with the same time as winner Di Moss"
Diane Moss - Team Luciano, won the Women's Team Race Series event held on the Bredon circuit in a tight sprint with Nina Davies - Team Letchworth and so firmly established Team Luciano as the top women's team in road racing this season.
Held near Cheltenham over 3 laps of a circuit that made up 47 miles of hilly racing, this penultimate race in the popular women's series attracted only 29 riders but this did not mean the race was slow. Comberton Hill was the major difficulty on the course and the first time up South African Chrystal Sheldon - Surrey League and Ceri Dipple - Team Milton Keynes both lost contact but Ceri, after a kilometre chase, was able to get back to the bunch again and finish with an excellent placing.
The first proper attack came with 15 miles covered at Conderton and the chase was led by Julie O'Hagan - CC Luton; 20 miles were covered in the first hour. 21 miles gone and Nina Davies and Emma Silversides - Cheltenham & County attacked to force a gap but they were caught within half a mile.
No sooner were they caught than Heather Summers - East Midlands attacked and was chased down by Team Luciano. Onto Comberton Hill again and it was O'Hagan attacking with Davies leading the chase; 36 miles covered and again Summers was on the attack but she was caught by the vigilant bunch. A mile later and it was Team Letchworth's Jeanette Tebbutt with Davies on the front with Nicola Wadham - Surrey League, just beginning to lose contact.
The last time up the main hill and Helen Paull - CC Weymouth, Ali Armstrong - Surrey League and Georgina Rawson - Team Luciano lost contact. Into the finishing lane and as the bunch swept round the corner it was Helen Gutteridge -East Midlands on the front followed by Team Letchworth's Nina Davies but Gutteridge ran wide, unshipped her chain with Davies managing to swing round her, leading up the finishing hill with Diane Moss glued to her back wheel until with 50 metres to go Moss showed why she is the leading rider by taking the verdict by half a bike length.
A chirpy Nina Davies said afterwards " Coming back from riding the GP Plouay with the GB team I really came here to win but ........... bike racing is unpredictable".
|Surrey League A||177|
|Evans Racing Team||194|
|Team Milton Keynes||104|
|Cheltenham & County CC||50|
Back to Top
|5||Kelly||Grant||Team Milton Keynes||56|
|11||Emma||Silversides||Cheltenham & County||50|
|13||Ceri||Dipple||Team Milton Keynes||48|
Back to Top
Results - time gaps
1. Diane Moss Team Luciano 2 hrs 14 mins 22 secs
2. Nina Davies Team Letchworth same time
3. Ruth Gamwell Team Luciano same time
4. Jeanette Tebbutt Team Letchworth same time
5. Kelly Grant Team Milton Keynes same time
6. Della McGiven Surrey League same time
7. Sharon Padley Team Luciano same time
8. Julie O'Hagan CC Luton same time
9. Allison Butler Evans Cycles same time
10. Gabriella Day VC Lincoln same time
11. Emma Silversides Cheltenham & County same time
12. Claire Paginton Evans Cycles same time
13. Ceri Dipple Team Milton Keynes same time
14. Annette Nielson Evans Cycles same time
15. Emma Dansie Surrey League same time
16. Caroline Gay Evans Cycles same time
17. Heather Summers East Midlands at 5 seconds
18. Helen Gutteridge East Midlands at 35 seconds
19. Abigail Armstrong Surrey League same time
20 Georgina Rawson Team Luciano same time
21. Helen Paull CC Weymouth at 1 minute
22. Nicola Wadham Surrey League at 1 min 20 secs
23. Chrystal Sheldon Surrey League at 3 minutes
Back to Top